Want to be an entrance exam specialist? Don’t know where to start? Or maybe you just need support in a few areas.
Welcome to Become An Entrance Exam Tutor where you have the flexibility of choosing what you need, when you need it.
Occasionally you are lucky enough to work with somebody who genuinely inspires you. Over 4 months, Ilana provided training and ongoing advice.
I was constantly struck by Ilana’s pedagogical knowledge, and how meticulously she prepared for each meeting.Joe Humphries, Senior Entrance Exam Tutor, Ivy Education
Hi, I’m Ilana and I’ve been an entrance exam tutor for over ten years.
My biggest struggle ten years ago, was knowing where to start – it’s such a secretive world, isn’t it?!
I don’t want anyone else to go through the hardships I faced, and that’s why I created these courses – they are the training that I wished I had.
Let’s be colleagues instead of competitors …
BECOME A GO-TO (even if you’re new)
🔶 Take the right steps to gain in-depth and tailored knowledge for parents
🔶 Learn the skills to teach different parts of the exam even if you aren’t say, a Maths specialist
🔶 Build a tried-and-tested strategy for a strong track record of success
The entrance exam market is a tough one to enter! Schools are secretive about what’s assessed and tutors are secretive about how they teach it.
I want to break down these barriers. Let’s work towards being in this together rather than competitors.
HOW DOES THIS WORK
I won’t leave you alone to just watch videos!
You will benefit from:
- Enough time to try techniques with real students and come back to discuss
- Twice monthly live masterclasses to extend your knowledge
- The opportunity to ask questions through live Q&A sessions and a supportive Facebook community
- Downloadable resources so that you don’t have to start everything from scratch
It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3!
Step 1 – Select your first topic (you can also grab everything in one go)
Step 2 – Grab a pen and paper and get started on the videos (don’t forget to your questions)
Step 3 – Come along to the fortnightly meetings to ask your questions and develop your skills further
THE NITTY GRITTY
🔶 Choose individual topics for £99 each
🔶 Get instant access to training videos for 3 months (unlimited replays)
🔶 Live fortnightly masterclasses and monthly QA sessions
🔶 Supportive Facebook community
- The Business of Entrance Exam Tuition
- Helping you through every step of the process of becoming the go-to person in the entrance exam market. From understanding your local and national entrance exam market, all the way to having that first lesson and feeding back to parents. This is a key core topic whether you are interested in 7+ or 11+ tuition.
- Teaching Writing for 7+ Exams
- I bring pedagogy to life using real examples from real students, and show you how to assess current skills, develop them using a range of teaching techniques and stay focused on the checklist of assessment areas for the exams.
- Teaching Writing for the 11+ Exams
- This series takes you through all the different types of writing tasks that come up on 11+ exams, showing you have to teach your students the skills they need in a step by step process that leads to success.
Teaching Comprehension for 11+ Exams!
This series will take you through the key skills you need to teach your students including retrieval, inference, prediction, language techniques, and spelling and grammar. I will show you the different exam paper formats and we will look at fiction, non-fiction and poetry examples.
- Teaching Comprehension and Verbal Reasoning for 7+ Exams
- I show you techniques to teach core skills such as inference, understanding perspectives and vocabulary in a logical and structured way – all while having fun with learning.
- Teaching Maths and Non-Verbal Reasoning for 7+ Exams
- This series will take you through the vast maths and non-verbal reasoning curriculum and help you understand which topics will add the most value and get your student exam ready.
- Crunch Time!
- This series will help you understand how to have a huge impact in those final weeks, covering exam skills, mental health, 2nd stage assessment days, and ensuring that your success with students feeds back into your business.
🔶 Teaching Maths for 11+ Exams
🔶 Teaching Non-Verbal Reasoning for 11+ Exams
🔶 Teaching Verbal Reasoning for 11+ Exams
Would you like to hear me talk with Sumantha McMahon about entering the entrance exam market? You can hear us talk on her podcast here:
Would you like tips sent right to your inbox?